Strictly arranging luggage, you will save a lot of time and less difficulty in living in a new country.
You need to know what to bring, or what you can buy from your destination. Before pulling the suitcase on the road, you also need to review the following checklist.
Carefully arrange before leaving:
- Download copies of documents, photos, music onto cloud memory.
- Save important contact details & information in Google documents.
- Know the limits of your flight baggage weight, entertainment facilities, and food.
- Arrange people to pick up at the airport when your flight arrives.
- If you have your phone with you, download an app so you can contact your family and friends when using Wi-Fi.
- Tag or do something to make it easier to identify your baggage
- Bring hand luggage to be used for day trips and daily use.
Items that need to be placed in hand luggage:
Before going to study abroad, what do you need to prepare to bring on board? The following list will help you get started:
- A valid passport and student visa.
- Confirmation of COE (Confirmation of Enrolment)
- Currency: A small amount for when you first arrive.
- Diary: To record your experiences.
- Prescription drugs: Have necessary prescription papers.
- Travel book set: For use with your electronic items.
- Dictionary: To check the meaning of words you don’t know for sure.
- Camera, Phone
- A few clothes: For use in case your luggage is late.
- Notebook: Information about accommodation, arranging people to pick you up at the airport, and a list of relevant phone numbers.
- Headphones: For entertainment on airplanes.
Items to be AVOID placed in hand luggage
It should be noted that some of the best items should be left at home, to avoid charge or problem when making entry/exit procedures. Remember not to pack any of the following.
- Spices or vegetable products, such as most Asian spices, can be purchased easily, in Asian supermarkets.
- Stationary types are easy to buy, not necessarily carrying everything with you.
- A large amount of cash (over $ 20,000).
- Goods without a license (such as movies, etc.).
- Anything can be considered a weapon.
ECOCOM hopes that the above article will answer the question “What should be prepared before going abroad to study?” and will be useful in your study abroad journey. If you need any more help please contact ECOCOM now!